Combines the benefits of both flowable and sculptable materials
For dentists, restorative treatments are an everyday procedure. Depending on the type of cavity, there are various options available. If an adhesive technique is selected, there is then another decision to be made. Dentists often start by using a flowable composite, which flows optimally onto the cavity walls in the area of the cavity floor, but is then difficult to carve. To solve this problem, the dentist either uses a sculptable material as an additional layer, or alternatively may decide to use a sclupable bulk composite right from the outset, which can be placed in a single step.
The job of deciding which technique to use is now a thing of the past because with VOCO’s VisCalor bulk, there is now a new composite that combines the benefits of both techniques (composite bonded to flow). VisCalor bulk is the world’s first restorative material with “thermoviscous technology”, which has been specially developed for heating up. The extraoral warming means that the composite can initially be placed in the cavity in flowable form, but then changes its consistency within a few seconds to become sculptable.
VisCalor bulk is heated to approx. 68°C before it can be applied. It is also a 4 mm bulk material and does not need to be applied in layers. VisCalor bulk is available in four shades (A1, A2, A3, universal) and covers the entire indication range for classes I, II and V restorations.
Product benefits at a glance
- Unique and innovative – Heating of the material makes it flowable for the application and then sculptable immediately afterwards (thermo-viscous-technology)
- High-quality application – Optimal flowing to margins and undercut regions
- Time-saving – No covering layers required
- Simple handling – 4 mm bulk fill and bubble-free application with slender cannula
isCalor bulk - thermoviscous bulk fill composite
VisCalor Dispenser – heating and application with a single device
Featuring near-infrared technology
Now, for the first time, composite Caps can be warmed and applied immediately using just one device – VOCO’s VisCalor Dispenser makes it quick and easy.
The caps heats up extremely quickly (approx. 30 sec) thanks to the near-infrared technology integrated in the dispenser. An acoustic signal indicates that the material is ready to be applied directly from the dispenser.
The VisCalor Dispenser is the perfect device to use in combination with VisCalor bulk. This material is the world’s first nanohybrid composite specially developed for heating up. The increase in temperature gives the material a lower viscosity, allowing it to flow optimally on margins and undercut regions. This also prevents air bubbles and minimises the risk of marginal gaps. The VisCalor Dispenser has two heating programmes: one for VisCalor bulk and one for all other VOCO composites.
Product benefits at a glance:
- Effective handling – rapid heating and immediate application in one device
- Homogeneous heating thanks to near-infrared technology
- Two programs (VisCalor bulk and additional VOCO composites)
- Handy design and iedeal shape for reaching molar cavities
- Better adaptation of composites to cavity walls thanks to silkier consistency